Click here for Entry Form (opens in New Window via PDF)
Last Updated July 21, 2017
ONLY TWO SUBSTITUTIONS PER EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED.
1. HEALTH – All animals must be in a healthy condition, free of all disease and must comply with the Health Regulations of the Health of Animals Division of Agriculture Canada.
The Minister of Agriculture has declared Ontario a Brucellosis Free Region; therefore no negative test within 60 days is required for cattle to enter a show or exhibition being held in that region or any other region. For the 2017 show season, cattle need not be accompanied by any documentation to enter shows or exhibits.
2. Exhibitors must be paid members of the Renfrew Agricultural Society. If 2017 memberships of $5.00 have not been paid by show day; the membership fee will be deducted from any prize money won. Exhibitors of cattle maintained on one farm or breeding unit need pay for only one member.
3. 2018 membership fee of $5.00 will be automatically deducted from any 2017 prize money won.
4. All entries can be mailed to the Renfrew Agricultural Society, 115 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Renfrew Ontario, K7V 2R5, faxed to
(613) 432-5331 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,
before August 25th, 2017. ENTRIES RECEIVED ON
SHOW DAY WILL HAVE 20% DEDUCTED FROM
THEIR PRIZE MONEY. ON LINE ENTRIES ARE
AVAILABLE THIS YEAR, PLEASE USE THIS LINK
5. Definition of an entry for the purposes of the 2017 cattle classification – an entry shall be interpreted as follows: All purebred registered cattle, whether owned by one person or by more than one person (individually or jointly), are considered to be the production of the farm or breeding unit on which they are maintained.
Definition of a “Breeding Unit” is as follows: In each classification where the same or common interests are involved in more than one breeding operation, such operations are considered one breeding unit. In all cases where there is any doubt that more than one breeding unit exists, the interpretation shall be that only one breeding unit exists. The responsibility of proof of separation of breeding units shall rest with the exhibitor.
6. There are restrictions to three entries per class per breeding unit. The maximum total eligible exhibits from a breeding unit is increased from 10 to 12 head to allow 4-H calves to be shown by 4-H members in open classes. In Breeder’s Herd, Get of Sire Class and Progeny of Dam one entry per breeding unit is allowed. Each breed must be shown separately and have at least three exhibitors and twenty-four animals per breed. If there are less than 24 head exhibited in a breed, 50% of the prize money will be paid. In the event there are less than the required numbers, one years grace will be allowed for the breed to rectify the numbers.
NOTE: For the purposes of the classifications, an exhibit shall be interpreted as follows: an exhibit is a unit of livestock qualifying for an entry into a class as specified in the classifications. Cow-calf classes are considered to be one exhibit. Please include calf information on the entry form for cow/calf entries in class 7 and 8.
7. An entry fee of 15% of the prize money will be charged for each entry and will be deducted from the prize money. HST will be charged on the entry fee.
8. All entries must be made on special entry forms, which will be provided by the Agricultural Society.
9. The exhibitor shall be the owner as officially recorded on the registration certificate immediately prior to the commencement of judging.
10. The registration certificate must be made available for checking before the commencement of judging.
11. Two substitutions of entries will be allowed.
12. All animals entered for Championships must have been shown in classes listed in the prize list.
13. Rosettes will be awarded for all classes.
14. Exhibitors arriving with livestock are requested to enter the grounds at the gates off of Fourth Street. One five-admission ticket will be mailed to all exhibitors when entries are received. Late entries will not receive a ticket.
15. No bedding will be provided – no shavings or wood chips allowed.
16. Calves shown as a unit with their dam in cow or 2 year old female classes, are eligible for 2017 calf classes. Individual breed rules still in effect.
17. Exhibitors must carry their own liability insurance and must complete the back of the entry form.
18. Classes with more than twenty (20) entries will be split.
19. All animals must have CCIA tags.
DUE TO TIME RESTRICTIONS, NO FEMALE CLASS WILL BE DELAYED FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF AN EXHIBITOR SHOWING IN OPEN CLASS OR 4-H SHOW.
Prize Money: 1st – $80.00; 2nd – $75.00; 3rd – $65.00; 4th – $55.00
5th – $50.00; 6th – $45.00; 7th – $40.00; 8th – $35.00
9th – $30.00; 10th – $25.00
Prize Money cheques must be presented for payment on or before December 1st, otherwise same becomes the property of the Renfrew Agricultural Society.
1. All animals will be numbered and lined up in the ring in order of age.
2. Cattle must not arrive before 5:00 p.m. on the day before they are to be shown but must arrive by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the show.
Cattle must be removed from barns after show by 5 p.m.
3. Brief reasons may be given on the top 3 or 4 animals.
4. No bedding will be provided.
Please not change in shows:
SHORTHORN SHOW FRI, SEPT. 8, 2017 1:00 PM
LIMOUSIN SHOW SAT, SEPT. 9, 2017 12:30 PM
HEREFORD SHOW SAT, SEPT. 9, 2017 12:30 PM
ANGUS SHOW SUN, SEPT. 10, 2017 12:30 PM
BOSS CHAROLAIS SHOW SUN, SEPT. 10, 2017 12:30 PM
SIMMENTAL SHOW SUN, SEPT. 10, 2017 12:30 PM
MAINE ANJOU SHOW SUN, SEPT. 10, 2017 12:30 PM
1. Bull calf – born on or after January 1st, 2017, and before June 8th, 2017.
1a. Calf Champion and Reserve Champion – RIBBONS ONLY.
2. Bull yearling – born January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016.
2a. Junior Champion and Reserve Junior Champion –
3. Bull – born January 1st, 2015 to December 31st, 2015.
3a. Senior Champion and Reserve Senior Champion –
3b. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion Bull –
4. Female calf – born on or after January 1st, 2017 and on or before June 8th, 2017.
4a. Calf Champion and Reserve Champion – RIBBONS ONLY.
5. Female heifer – born April 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016.
6. Female heifer – born January 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2016.
6a. Junior Champion and Reserve Junior Champion –
7. Female – born January 1st, 2015 to December 31st, 2015 with her own 2017, natural, purebred tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to show as a single animal. Individual breed rules still in effect.
8. Female born prior to January 1st, 2015 with her own 2017 natural,
purebred tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a
unit except that the calf is eligible to show as a single animal.
Individual breed rules still in effect.
8a. Senior Champion and Reserve Senior Champion –
8b. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion female –
(Registration papers must accompany animals to ring)
9. Breeder’s Herd: A group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor, both
sexes represented, must be exhibited in previous classes. The
exhibitor must own at least one animal. Limited to one exhibit per
10. Get of Sire: A group of 3 animals from the same sire, both sexes
represented, at least one animal owned by the exhibitor, animals
must be shown in previous classes. Limited to one exhibit per
11. Progeny of Dam: A group of 2 animals, the progeny of one dam,
and both animals must be exhibited in previous classes. Limited to
one exhibit per exhibitor.
12. JACKPOT CLASS WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY,
SEPTEMBER 9TH AND SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH AT
12:30 P.M. OPEN TO ANY PUREBRED BULL & HEIFER
CALVES BORN JANUARY 1, 2017 – JUNE 8, 2017. CALVES
MUST BE EXHIBITED IN THE BULL & HEIFER CALF
CLASS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BREED AT RENFREW
FAIR. REGISTRATION FEE OF $20.00 PER ANIMAL
WILL BE COLLECTED PRIOR TO THE SHOW.
50% OF MONEY COLLECTED WILL BE AWARDED TO
THE WINNER OF THE CLASS.
CLASS SPONSORED IN PART BY ALLAN BRUCE
Please indicate on entry from if you are entering the jackpot
A Supreme Breeders Herd will be selected from the first place herd from each breed. Sponsored by Renfrew County Beef – In Memory of Murray Crozier. This class will be held immediately following the conclusion of the breed shows.
A Supreme Champion Male will be selected from all Champion Male Classes – Sponsored by Barclay Dick & Son/Masterfeeds & Renfrew-Pontiac Livestock. Ltd.
A Supreme Champion Female will be selected from all Champion Female Classes – Sponsored by BMO, Renfrew.
THE OTTAWA VALLEY SHORTHORN CLUB will present an award in memory of R.A. Stewart to the exhibitor of the Grand Champion Junior Heifer.
THE OTTAWA VALLEY SHORTHORN CLUB will present an award for annual competition at their Regional Show, to the exhibitor of the Supreme Champion Shorthorn at the Show, in recognition and in memory of the late Stewart Boyd, prominent breeder and exhibitor and as a Past President of the Canadian Shorthorn Association.
JACKIE CONNELL AND FAMILY will present $25.00 to the Champion Female Shorthorn in memory of John & Ellen Kluke.
JUNIOR HEREFORD SHOW
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2017
1. Open to a paid member of a junior Hereford club. Proof of membership is required.
2. No entry fee.
3. Animal does not have to be owned by exhibitor.
4. Animal must be registered Hereford calf, junior yearling, senior yearling, cow or bull calf.
5. Classes Peewee – 3 to 7
Junior – 8 to 13
Intermediate – 14 to 17
Senior – 18 to 21
All ages as of January 1st, 2017