EXHIBITS MUST BE PLACED IN EXHIBIT HALL BETWEEN 6 P.M. AND 9 P.M. ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2016. JUDGING WILL COMMENCE AT 9 A.M. ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2016.
- EACH exhibitor must be a member of the Renfrew Agricultural Society. 2016 membership fee is $5.00. If winnings are more than $8.00; there will be $5.00 deducted for the 2017 membership.
- Ten percent of all prize money will be deducted from all classes as entry fees. Donated prize money is exempt from the percentage deduction. HST will be charged on all entry fees.
- No person shall make more than one entry of Roots, Vegetables, Fruit, Floriculture, Farm Produce, Domestic Science, Needlework, or Arts and Crafts in the same section under one membership.
- All entries must be made on forms supplied by the General Manager, in the order listed in the Prize List. Entries in Exhibit Hall do not entitle exhibitors to free admission to the fair.
- Every article must have an entry tag and the tag must be attached to the article.
- Articles entered for competition must be the work of the exhibitor unless otherwise stated.
- Judges can use their own discretion as to awarding prizes, and in all cases where they do not think the article worthy, they can withhold the prize.
- At the hour of 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2016, the Exhibit Hall will be cleared of everyone except the committee members. The committee members will dismantle all displays in readiness of pickup at 5:30 p.m. Membership cards or identification must be shown by Exhibitors at time of pickup of articles. If articles are being picked up by someone other than the exhibitor, a written consent from the exhibitor must be produced. Articles not claimed by 6:30 p.m. will remain at the owner’s risk and may be picked up on Monday, September 12, 2016.
- EXHIBITORS REMOVING ARTICLES BEFORE 5:30 P.M. ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2016 WILL FORFEIT ALL PRIZE MONEY.
- No prizes will be paid until 14 days after the fair or until the Directors have time to settle any dispute which may arise, and finally sanction the awards. Should the funds of the Society be insufficient to pay the full amount of prizes awarded, a certain percentage will be deducted.
- Any errors or mistakes must be reported on or before November 1, 2016 or will not be considered.
- Exceptions as to errors in prizes must, in order to be considered, be made known to the Secretary before the close of the fair. No protest will be considered unless accompanied by a deposit of $2.00. The deposit to become the property of the fair if the protest is not sustained, but if sustained, the full amount will be handed back to the party who entered the protest.
- While directors will take every reasonable precaution to secure the safety of articles at the fair, the owner must take the risk of exhibiting, and should any article be accidentally damaged, lost or stolen, the directors will assist toward its recovery, but will not make any payment for the value thereof.
- The Directors will take every reasonable precaution to prevent accidents to patrons, animals, goods, motor vehicles and competitors while on the fair grounds or in fair buildings. All articles, livestock competitors, patrons and motor vehicles enter the fair grounds at their own risk. The Society will not be liable for any loss to an exhibitor of goods or livestock or accident, damage, condition of structure or otherwise or the negligence of other exhibitors or officials of the Society.
- The Renfrew Agricultural Society reserves the right to interpret its own rules and regulations.
- Any information collected by The Renfrew Agricultural Society regarding members, exhibitors, commercial exhibitors, sponsors, directors and any other person related directly to the business of The Renfrew Agricultural Society and The Renfrew Fair, will be solely used for the purposes of promotion of the Renfrew Agricultural Society and The Renfrew Fair, and for the maintenance of their files and data base. Any member, exhibitor, commercial exhibitor, sponsor or director realizes that when they agree to take part in The Renfrew Agricultural Society and The Renfrew Fair, that their names may be published for these reasons only. None of this information whatsoever will be sold or transferred to any outside party for any reason
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT EXHIBITORS CARRY SUFFICIENT LIABILITY INSURANCE.