2021 RENFREW FAIR
STEER SHOW AND SALE
Kurtis Black, Sarah Darraugh, Sean Enright, Kevin Gillan
Rules and Regulations
NOTE: No steers will be allowed entry to the Renfrew fairgrounds unless they possess the approved (intact and undamaged) CFIA tag. It is the responsibility of the owner and/or exhibitor of steers to ensure that every animal under their care, have the required approved tag as per CFIA regulations. Animals without proper identification will be removed from the grounds by the owner.
- Any resident of Renfrew County who is between 12 and 21 years of age as of January 1st, 2021 shall be eligible to participate.
- Only one nomination per exhibitor will be accepted.
- Nominations must be made by August 1st, 2021.
- ALL ANIMALS DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SOLD AT ANY PREVIOUS SHOWS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO SHOW AT THE RENFREW FAIR.
- Animals will be weighed on Saturday, September 11th between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. This will be the show weight.
- Animals deemed to be a safety hazard by the committee will not be permitted to be shown and/or sold.
- Animals will be shown at 12:00 noon Saturday, September 11th, 2021. A maximum of ten (10) animals may be selected for the sale. A 10% expense charge will be deducted from the sale price.
- The eligible animals will be sold at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 11th. NOTE: Sale will be held in the cattle ring.
- ANIMALS MUST BE OWNED, FED, PREPARED AND SHOWN BY THE EXHIBITOR. ANIMALS MUST BE HOUSED AND FED IN RENFREW COUNTY.
- Only those exhibitors and/ or guardians who sign the Beef Show and Sale agreement and waiver form will be allowed to participate in the show and sale.
- All exhibitors must carry their own liability insurance.
- The animals will be the responsibility of the exhibitor until the animals are removed from the grounds on Sunday. Feed must be supplied for the animals until Sunday at 4 p.m.
- All market animals may be subject to blood sampling.
- It is the recommendation of the committee that all animals be slaughtered at Reiche Meats.
Prize Money: 1st – $70.00 : 2nd – $65.00 : 3rd – $55.00 : 4th – $45.00
5th – $40.00 : 6th – $35.00 : 7th – $30.00 : 8th – $25.00
9th – $20.00 : 10th – $15.00
All other worthy entries will receive $10.00
The Mac MacLaren Memorial Plaque, sponsored by Renfrew County Beef, will be presented to the exhibitor of the Champion market animal.
A Grand Champion market animal banner will be presented .
A Reserve Champion market animal banner will be presented.