Rob Dougherty, Chairperson, 432-8531
Sybil Ferguson, Andrew Wesbrook
On line entries are available this year, please use this link: https://www.assistexpo.ca/renfrewfair
Maple syrup must be put in 250 ml kent jugs which may be picked up at the fair office for $1.50 each.
NOTE: Maple syrup must be a 2023 product. A colorimeter will be available Wednesday evening so that syrup may be entered in the proper section. Everyone should use the colorimeter provided so that all entries are judged equally. There may be a slight difference from one colorimeter to another. The committee will not be responsible for placing the exhibit in the proper section. Judging sheets for each entry will be available from Committee members, when the exhibits are removed at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, September 10, 2023.
PRIZE MONEY: Sections 1 to 9 inclusive: 1st – $15.00; 2nd – $12.00; 3rd – $10.00; 4th – $8.00; 5th – $6.00
1. Maple Syrup, golden
2. Maple Syrup, amber
3. Maple Syrup, dark
4. Maple Syrup, extra dark
5. Maple Butter
6. Maple Candy
7. Maple Sugar, hard block (must be 100% pure maple product)
8. Pan Boilers Special. Entry must be from a flat pan system. One entry per individual. Enter your best regardless of colour. This does not eliminate pan boilers from other section.
9. First Time Exhibitors Only. For those people who have never entered maple syrup in the Renfrew Fair before, enter your best bottle of syrup regardless of colour. This does not eliminate you from entering in the other maple syrup sections.
Russ Wilkins “Big Boiler” Memorial – $100.00 – Champion Exhibitor
NOTE: No containers of value to be used for maple sugar.
On line entries are available this year, please use this link: https://www.assistexpo.ca/renfrew fair
Honey must be in a 250 ml jar which may be picked up at the fair office for $1.50 each.
PRIZE MONEY: Sections 1 to 8 inclusive: 1st – $15.00; 2nd – $12.00; 3rd – $10.00; 4th – $8.00; 5th – $6.00
4. Comb Honey – 3” x 4” block
6. Article made from beeswax
7. Creamed Honey
8. Chunk Honey
9. Best display of honey products – not to exceed 2’ x 2’
PRIZE MONEY – 1st – $25.00; 2nd – $20.00; 3rd – $15.00