Last Updated May 4, 2018
Chairperson, Jean Henderson 432-5188
Lillian Trask 432-8374, Ann McGregor 432-8349
- Women’s Institute entries close on August 13, 2018. Each branch must pay a membership of $5.00, send a completed entry form and notify the General Manager of the Renfrew Agricultural Society, 115 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Renfrew, Ont, K7V 2R5 or fax 432-5331 by this date. No late entries will be accepted.
- All work to be done by an active member of the W.I. branch exhibiting. All work must be new and not shown previously at Renfrew Fair.
- Each W.I. will arrange their display Tuesday night of the fair between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., in readiness for judging at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. Security will be provided for Tuesday night. One committee member is willing to assist at least one branch member to put up their display if they are physically unable. Branches must indicate on their entry form if assistance is required.
- Exhibits to be arranged as a W.I. display with mark of identification of Theme and branch name. NOTE: The name of the branch may be put up before judging to save time and confusion but must be concealed during judging.
- No W.I. will be permitted to enter in open classes.
- The Fair Committee will display a card in front of each exhibit showing which NINE of the fifteen sections listed are to be judged along with the branch name.
- The items this year will receive placing according to judge’s decisions following the Homecraft Judging Standards Book of 1st – 5th . Only one I. member is allowed to stay to bring articles to the judge’s table and must be present at the display by 8:45 a.m.
- Two members of each exhibiting branch are required to dismantle the display at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- No articles may be advertised for sale. No kits to be used, unless permitted.
- “Best Display” will be judged before commencement of individual article judging.
- For each display, the Renfrew Agricultural Society will award $25.00 and the Balsam Hill Women’s Institute will award $5.00.
- Only articles meeting exact criteria will be judged. Items that are not the correct size or do not adhere to section or theme will not be judged.
Prize Money: 1st – $5.00; 2nd – $4.50; 3rd – $4.00; 4th – $3.50; 5th – $3.00
Theme: “FABULOUS FUN”
Presenting the letter F
Make it foolish, flirty or flashy.
Make it fuchsia, fern or fawn.
Just make it FUN!
- Fingerless gloves – adult, knitted. (SMA)
- Foolish hat – child’s hat, crocheted. (SMA)
- Furry friends – sewn stuffed child’s toy, no bigger than 18” in any direction. (SMA)
- Felted flower (boiled wool) brooch – no bigger than 6” in any direction. (SMA)
- Festive table runner – any medium, any size. (For Bernice Noblett must be a
Christmas runner.) (SMA)
- Fox and Geese quilt block – 12 ½” x 12 ½” square, mounted on foam core or bristol
- Furry or feathered friends photo – 5” x 7” mounted on bristol board.
- Friends and family having fun – scrapbook page, on 12” x 12” paper.
- Funny poem, featuring the letter F – 5 to 15 lines typed, mounted on foam core or
- Fridge magnet – any size.
- Focaccia bread – two squares 3” x 3” on a disposable plate, in a plastic baggie.
- Fruit pie – apple (approx. 6”) on a disposable plate, in a plastic baggie.
- Fudge – chocolate (no nuts) 3 pieces 1 ½” x 1 ½” on a disposable plate, in plastic a
- Festive cookies – 3 decorated sugar cookies on a disposable plate, in a plastic baggie.
(For Bernice Noblett must be decorated for Christmas).
- Fresh flower arrangement featuring shades of fuchsia (pale to hot pink to purple), no
bigger than 18” x 18” including your choice of container.
Reference – Homecraft Judging Standard Book
DONORS TO WOMEN’S INSTITUTE CLASSES
Mary MacGregor Memorial Award – will be awarded to the branch with the highest number of 1st place placings.
Burnstown Women’s Institute – For the display which adheres most closely to the theme. 1st – $15.00; 2nd – $10.00; 3rd – $5.00
Glasgow Women’s Institute – $30.00 – will be split between institutes exhibiting